NA VALORANT Champions Tour STAGE 3 - Challengers Open Qualifier 2
Powered by Nerd Street Gamers
At the end of First Strike in 2020, Riot Games announced the VALORANT Champions Tour as the official 2021 VALORANT tournament series.
The VALORANT Champions Tour is the next ground-breaking chapter in VALORANT esports, with the Nerd Street Gamers running STAGE 3 of the VCT.
There will be 2 Challenger Open Qualifiers for you and your team to compete in:
Open Qualifier 1: July 1-4 (registration goes live on June 21st)
Open Qualifier 2: July 22-25 (registration goes live on July 4th)
Open Qualifier 2 starts on July 22nd and it will be a 128-team tournament produced and operated by Nerd Street Gamers. The top 4 teams will advance to the Challengers Week 2 Main Event on July 29th-August 1st. The top 4 teams from the second Challengers Main Event will advance to the Challengers Finals on August 11th-15th for a chance to fight for their spot in the Masters 3 in Berlin.
- OPEN QUALIFIER RULESET
- TEAM CAPTAIN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTERING ENTIRE TEAM.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE IMMORTAL 1+ in Episode 2: ACT 3 or Episode 3: ACT 1 WITH PROOF PER RIOT RULES. ALL PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE A CAREER TAB SCREENSHOT OF THEIR RANK IN GAME IN ONE IMGUR POST AND ADD THE URL TO THE REQUIRED TICKET FIELD.
*In order to add more pictures to your initial post on Imgur, you must make the post hidden and then add the remaining screenshots if needed.
- Cap: 128-Team Tournament.
- Dates: Thursday - Sunday (4 day event), July 22nd-25th, 2020
- Challengers Open Qualifier 2 Schedule
- Region: North America
- Cost: FREE
- The top 4 teams get invited to the Challengers Week 2 Main Event on July 29th-August 1st
- Captains must be present for the captains meeting in the NSG Discord 30 minutes before their scheduled match time each day.
- This tournament will be run on the bracketing site Battlefy.
- You and your players will need to create an account on Battlefy to compete in the tournament. Join codes for the VALORANT Challengers Open Qualifier will be sent out to the Team Captain's contact email after a team registers and their ranks are verified. Each team captain will be able to use the code given to them to register on Battlefy. Captains will then have to send the Battlefy links to their teammates and up to 2 subs so they can join the Battlefy roster. Subs will also have to be Immortal 1+ in competitive rank. When these steps are complete, the Captain will then be able to publish the team on Battlefy.
- The official format for the VALORANT Challengers Open Qualifier will be a Single Elimination Bracket - Best of Three (all the way through).
- The bracket will be updated in real-time after each game finishes and each team reports their score.
- Map bans, side selection and further tournament rules will be further outlined on Battlefy and Discord.
- All team captains must be present via Nerd Street Gamers Discord throughout the tournament.
- Live support will be available during the tournament via Battlefy's "Report Match Issue" on your match dashboard or by using the “Tournament Support” voice channel under NSG Online: VALORANT in the NSG Discord for immediate assistance from tournament admins.
- After each match is complete, team captains are responsible for providing a screenshot of their match summary on Battlefy and submitting their own scores in Battlefy on that same match dashboard.
- After each match is complete, teams will be assigned a match automatically from the Battlefy platform. If no match is assigned immediately, your team will be waiting for your next opponent to finish their respected matches.
- Team captains are required to purchase the free team ticket and fill out the information for each player on their team. If a team fails to fill out the full information required they will not receive their join code for the tournament until they get another ticket and fill it out correctly.
- Join the Nerd Street Gamers Discord.
- Team captains are required to join Discord immediately after registering. Each captain will receive a "Valorant Captain" role which gives them access to see the VALORANT channels with further tournament info and updates.
- Battlefy join codes and roles may take 24-48 hours to be updated. If you do not receive your role within 48 hours of registering, contact an admin in the NSG Discord using the #mod-mail system.