VALORANT Champions Tour Game Changers Stage 1 Open Qualifier
About This Event
The VALORANT Champions Tour is the official tournament series in VALORANT esports, with Riot Games partnering with Nerd Street Gamers to operate and produce STAGE 1 of the VCT, including the VCT Game Changers Series 1. There will be 1 Open Qualifier for you and your team to compete in to qualify for the 8-team $50,000 VCT Game Changers Main Event.
- OFFICIAL STAGE 1 RULESET TBD
- TEAM CAPTAIN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTERING ENTIRE TEAM.
- ALL TEAMS MUST BE VERIFIED MEMBERS OF THE GALORANTS DISCORD COMMUNITY.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE PLATINUM 1+ in Episode 3: ACT 3 or Episode 4: ACT 1 WITH PROOF PER RIOT RULES
- ALL PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE A CAREER TAB SCREENSHOT OF THEIR RANK IN GAME IN ONE IMGUR POST AND ADD THE URL TO THE REQUIRED TICKET FIELD. EXAMPLE HERE.*
*In order to add more pictures to your initial post on Imgur, you must make the post hidden and then add the remaining screenshots if needed.
- Cap: 32-Team Tournament.
- Dates: Thursday - Sunday (4 day event), March 31st - April 3rd, 2022
- Region: North America
- Cost: FREE
- Top 8 qualify for the VCT Game Changers Stage 1 Main Event.
- Captains must be present for the captains meeting in the tournament Discord 30 minutes before the scheduled match time each day.
- This tournament will be run on the bracketing site Battlefy.
- You and your players will need to create an account on Battlefy to compete in the tournament. Join codes for the VCT Game Changers Open Qualifier will be sent out to the Team Captain's contact email after a team registers and their ranks are verified. Each team captain will be able to use the code given to them to register on Battlefy. Captains will then have to send the Battlefy links to their teammates and up to 2 subs so they can join the Battlefy roster. Subs will also have to be Platinum 1+ in competitive rank. When these steps are complete, the Captain will then be able to publish the team on Battlefy
- The official format for the VCT Game Changers Open Qualifier will be a 32 Team Swiss Elimination into 16 Team Double Elimination - (all matches are a Best of Three).
- The bracket will be updated in real-time after each game finishes and each team reports their score.
- Map bans, side selection and further tournament rules will be further outlined on Battlefy and Discord.
- All teams must use the VCT Game Changers Discord for voice communications and tournament support throughout the tournament.
- Live support will be available during the tournament via Battlefy's "Report Match Issue" on your match dashboard or by using the “Tournament Support” voice channel in the VCT Game Changers Discord for immediate assistance from tournament admins.
- Upper Bracket Quarterfinals and Lower Bracket Quarterfinals will not be played. Once we have our top 4, the qualifier will end.
- After each match is complete, team captains are responsible for providing a screenshot of their match summary on Battlefy and submitting their own scores in Battlefy on that same match dashboard.
- After each match is complete, teams will be assigned a match automatically from the Battlefy platform. If no match is assigned immediately, your team will be waiting for your next opponent to finish their respected matches.
- Registration opens on March 8th at 12pm PT and will close on March 25th at 7am PT.
- Register on this page by clicking "Choose a Ticket" at the top of the page.
- Team captains are required to purchase the team ticket and fill out the information for each player on their team.
- Once in the Galorants server, all players must become verified members. To become a verified member, send a photograph of yourself following the rules listed below to the #mod-mail bot. Mods will verify those who follow the rules as listed:
- Your selfie must include the Galorants Discord visibly in the background, and a note with "Galorants" as well as your Discord ID + #s written down on it a piece of paper that you're holding up. No photoshops please!
- No filters at all, well-lit natural light only.
- No NSFW content. No shirt, no pants, no service.
- Please display your entire face. No blocking or coverings.
- No hats.
- You must send an image attachment and not a link attachment.
- Failure to follow the rules three times will result in a ban.
- In addition to our verification rules, you must also have a verified email address with your Discord account to join.
- Battlefy join codes may take 24-48 hours to be sent via email. In that email, the VCT Game Changers Discord link and as well as the bracket and ruleset will be provided.