VALORANT First Strike Open Qualifier #1 | 128 Teams
About This Event
Presented by Nerd Street Gamers
A few weeks ago, Riot Games announced the first official Riot Games-produced VALORANT tournament, First Strike. What started as two NA qualifiers, is now the top 8 teams battling for their share of the $100K prize pool, and the title as first First Strike champion. First Strike is the first major chapter in VALORANT esports, with the support of two stellar partners to bring it to life — Nerd Street Gamers, which has already partnered with FaZe Clan and T1 to power their Ignition Series tournaments, and Engine Media/UMG, one of the most storied names in both elite and amateur competitive organizing. The competition will begin on October 26 with the first open, 128-team tournament, produced by Nerd Street Gamers. The tournament will whittle down the pool to 16 teams, who will compete in the first qualifier. From there, the top four teams will advance straight to the main event, and the next four teams will advance into the second open tournament for another chance to fight for their spot in First Strike. Breakdown:
- QUALIFIER RULESET TBD
- TEAM CAPTAIN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTERING ENTIRE TEAM.
- ALL PLAYERS MUST BE IMMORTAL 1+ IN ACT 2 OR 3 WITH PROOF PER RIOT RULES
- ALL PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE A CAREER TAB SCREENSHOT OF THEIR RANK IN GAME IN ONE IMGUR POST AND ADD THE URL TO THE REQUIRED TICKET FIELD. EXAMPLE HERE.*
*In order to add more pictures to your initial post on Imgur, you must make the post hidden and then add the remaining screenshots if needed.
- Cap: 128-Team Tournament.
- Dates: Monday - Friday (5 day event), October 26th-30th, 2020
- Start Times Per Day: 2:00 PM PST/ 5:00 PM EST
- Region: North America
- Cost: FREE
- The top 16 teams get invited to the First Strike Closed Qualifier on November 4th-8th
- Captains must be present for the captains meeting in the NSG Discord at 1:30 PM PDT / 4:30 PM EDT each day they are playing.
- This tournament will be run on the bracketing site Battlefy.
- You and your players will need to create an account on Battlefy to compete in the tournament. Join codes for the Nerd Street Gamers VALORANT First Strike Qualifier will be sent out to the Team Captain's contact email after a team registers and their ranks are verified. Each team captain will be able to use the code given to them to register on Battlefy. Captains will then have to send the battlefy links to their teammates and up to 2 subs so they can join the Battlefy roster. Subs will also have to be Immortal 1+ in competitive rank. When these steps are complete, the Captain will then be able to publiish the team on Battlefy.
- The official format for this VALORANT First Strike Qualifier will be a Single Elimination Bracket - Best of Three (all the way through).
- The bracket will be updated in real-time after each game finishes and the score is reported.
- Map bans, side selection and further tournament rules will be outlined on Battlefy and Discord. Team captains must be present 30 minutes before the first scheduled match time in Discord for the captains meeting.
- All team captains must be present via Nerd Street Gamers Discord throughout the tournament.
- Live support will be available during the tournament via Battlefy's "Report Match Issue" on your match dashboard or by using the “Tournament Support” voice channel under NSG Online: Valorant in the NSG Discord for immediate assistance from tournament admins.
- After each match is complete, team captains are responsible for providing a screenshot of their match summary on Battlefy and submitting their own scores in Battlefy on that same match dashboard.
- After each match is complete, teams will be assigned a match automatically from the Battlefy platform. If no match is assigned immediately, your team will be waiting for your next opponent to finish their respected matches.
- Team captains are required to purchase the free team ticket and fill out the information for each player on their team. If a team fails to fill out the full information required they will not receive their join code for the tournament until they get another ticket and fill it out correctly.
- Join the Nerd Street Gamers Discord.
- Team captains are required to join Discord immediately after registering. Each captain will receive a "Valorant Captain" role which gives them access to see the VALORANT channels with further tournament info and updates.
- Discord roles and Battlefy join codes are updated daily. If you do not receive your role within 24 hours of you registering, contact an admin in the NSG Discord using the #mod-mail system.