Virtual Summer Camp
Powered by Nerd Street Gamers
Registration for this event has ended
Don't worry, we have more events like this one to explore
Stuck indoors this summer and looking for something fun to do? Nerd Street Gamers has got you covered! Camp Localhost is once again offering online virtual summer camps to gamers ages 13+. These camps run over Discord, and the games featured include VALORANT and Rocket League. In addition to scrimmages, online play, and VOD reviews, campers will participate in Q&A's with industry experts to learn about the different career paths available in esports. Campers will also be involved in out-of-game activities focused on leadership, communication, team building, and more!
Camp staff work to create a stimulating and fun experience in a virtual environment where campers learn valuable life skills through video games. Each day is full of scrimmages and VOD reviews where campers are continually challenged to push their abilities to the next level. Whether the camper is a hard-core gamer or casual player, our virtual camps have got you covered!
Available Camp Dates, Times, and Games:
Parents/guardians may sign up their camper for one or multiple of the camp weeks below. Each camp runs Monday through Friday from 12:30pm - 5:00pm EST which includes a 30 minute meal break in the middle of the day.
June 14 - 18 | VALORANT, Rocket League
Here is what you can expect during your time at camp:
- Camps are a curated, social experience led by professional coaches and staff.
- Each camp week is built for specific ranges of ranks. Campers may sign up for any week, but each week is catered towards a specific skill range.
- Our professional coaches are ranked at the top of their respective game (equivalent to Grand Master and above).
- Our coaches are qualified to assist campers regardless of their ranking. Campers do not need a minimum level of play to participate.
- Campers must have access to the game they sign up for in addition to online play.
- Each day campers take part in out-of-game activities focusing on skills such as team building, communication, leadership, and critical thinking.
- Industry experts from the esports world join periodically throughout the week to participate in Q&A’s and scrimmages with the campers.
- Everyone at camp is there to have fun and learn in a safe environment. There will be competitions and tournaments, but winning ranked matches is not the sole focus.
Camps will be held on the following platforms:
VALORANT - PC
Rocket League - PC, Xbox, Playstation, Switch
$150 per week
Jon is a student at the University of Minnesota studying computer science. He has loved to play games casually and competitively for years and has an extensive background in FPS titles such as Counter Strike and Overwatch. Jon competes as an Immortal 3 player in Valorant for the University of Minnesota in the Collegiate Valorant Conference.
Coach Scribbs is a Rocket League esports coach who specializes in turning casual players into smart, consistent and powerful individuals. Working as a tennis coach since 2008, Coach Scribbs recently switched to teaching Rocket League for the past year and a half. Ranked at the Grand Champion level, he currently coaches multiple 1900+ collegiate teams and CRL players. Coach Scribbs' extensive knowledge of the game combined with his engaging and fun loving personality allow him to bring a unique perspective to Rocket League.
Camper Code of Conduct
VALORANT is rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
Rocket League is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.